Here we go... I've been wanting to get away from facebook and get into the blogging world for a while. I'm excited to let my close friends and family know a little bit more about the Spahr Family as we step into new adventures. Our biggest adventure at the moment is the birth of our first baby. (Due March 12, 2011) Ian and I are busy preparing for "it's" arrival. I say "it" and not "he or she" because my parents do not want to know what we are having, and have asked us to keep it a secret. They are of the mind set that this is one of life's biggest surprises. Ian and I do not feel the same, but out of respect for their wishes we have kept the secret from everyone but ourselves. We like to plan and are enjoying the knowledge that soon we will welcome our little he-she.
Everyone has been hounding me for pregnancy photos, but I love the fact that I am able to enjoy this pregnancy away from prying eyes... You know who you are. The ones who like to look me up and down and say, "WOW, look how big you are getting!" Although I know it's said with love, the pregnancy hormones do not. Rest assured I am taking pictures so I can document my growth, and someday when I am not so emotional I will scrapbook them. As of this moment, however, they are hidden in a secret file on the computer, and only those with secure level clearance may access them.
With 9 weeks until our due date we are taking a child-birth prep class. I recommend this to anyone having their first child. Not only has it been very informative and helped to answer so many questions, It is so much fun to hang out with other pregnant woman. We laugh so hard as we all try to ignore the fact that sometime in the not to distant future we will be pushing a melon through a tiny opening. Also, meeting other expect fathers makes me so grateful for my husband. Although there is no right or wrong way to handle the stress of a pregnant wife, Ian has been so calm and cool. He always knows just what to do and say, and just when to rub my feet. He is so ready to be a father, and I have no doubt that he will be exceptional. If I follow his lead I'm pretty confident we can raise this child without screwing up too much.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I can't wait to see your he-she!!!
ReplyDelete